Thursday, July 14, 2005

All About Barriss

I should have joined earlier, my bad!

Okay, I'm Kat or Kathi (my screen name is Guinastasia, perhaps you've seen me around before?)
I'm a 27 year old female residing in Pittsburgh, PA.

What motivated you to start this blog?
I read the original "Master Yoda" blog after someone posted it at a forum I frequent, and thought it was hysterical. Then blogs for "Obi-Wan", "Aayla" and "Padme" started popping up, and I wanted to get in on the act. I chose Barriss because after reading about her The Approaching Storm, and seeing her in the "Clone Wars" shorts, she became one of my favorite characters. My second choice would've been a blog for Mara Jade. (Although before "Qui-Gon" showed up, a friend suggested I do the "Qui-Gon is a pothead" thing, since that's always been a joke I've made.)

Where do you get your ideas?
Well, first the antics of "Frodo" are inspired by my real life cats (all six of 'em! Yes, I'm crazy). The hotdog story, for example, happened to my youngest, Maggie. The Ouija Board was from experience at countless slumber parties as a teen. The Obi-Wan and Batman posts are because I LOVE Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale, and Velvet Goldmine is one of my favorite movies. I also see what's going on with "Barriss's" friends and try to incorporate that in. I play as sort of the on-looker. Like me, she just sort of observes what's going on, making the occassional tongue-in-cheek comment. (I'm rather shy in real life). I thought that a straight man, not a definite personality, might be needed, what with all the others. (Obi-Wan the beer-drinking wrestling fan, Qui-Gon the pothead, Anakin the wannabe gangsta, etc).

Pictures?
Well, my avatar is one in my SW collection (I make graphics like avatars, icons, wallpapers, cartoon dolls, etc), the pic from VG is from another collection, and I found the one of "Frodo" at Webshots.

And um, that's all I can think of for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

Welcome Kat!

It's great to have the Guinistasia with us, after seeing you in the comments so much!

July 14, 2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Kat,
I'm really sorry about the whole stealing Qui-Gon blog. It was as if I had stolen your idea for his character.
I thank you, as well. Playing Qui-Gon is a total trip. I am really glad I have the chance to do so.
I am glad that you've joined our lot.
Again, thank you and sorry at the same time,
Rebecca

July 14, 2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

Welcome!
I knew there was something with Barriss and Guinastasia and the HP comments!

July 14, 2005 2:51 PM  
Blogger Barriss Offee said...

No no no, you didn't steal my idea! I'm sure I'm not the only one who had the idea. And anyways, I like playing Barriss!

*blush*

July 14, 2005 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home