Monday, July 04, 2005

The Face Behind the Frog

About Me
I'm Chris aka Jar Jar Binks, 15, from New Zealand.

Why did I decide to start my blog?
Well, Bill/Yoda was my inspiration, really, but Caz/Obi-Wan was also to some extent. It just seemed like something fun to do.

What made me choose Jar Jar as a character?
I like Jar Jar, he's my favorite character in the prequel trilogy, and it gets me so mad that 80% of all sites about him are sites suggesting ways he should die. And that Lucas gave him one line (ONE MEASLY LINE) in episode three. This is a character who can kill twenty battle droids *by accident*! I read an article on some website or other suggesting that he might be force-sensitive, which is where I got the idea of my subplot for him taking a force-user's correspondence course. What are your thoughts on this, by the way?

Do I measure stats for my blog?
I use a counter-thingamajigger that Nick/Dooku set up for me. I'm not completely sure how it works, but it's useful.

Where do I get pictures for my blog?
I don't. Nick does. Go bother him.

Any tips?
Well... I don't know... I am supposedly very good at giving advice, so here goes... Saying you've never heard of Star Wars while you're in character is one idea, and not one I dislike. Personally, however, I prefer to call it a "documentary series". What else? Hmm. Eat plenty of green vegetables, and pond weed (that's JJ talking).

So, that's it from me for now. Oh, one question. There are in fact two Jar Jar blogs running. The other one actually started about a week before mine, but it wasn't updated regularly and I was kinda hoping the writer would give up. He/she hasn't. What I've done now is to claim that the two Jar Jars are in fact twins who mysteriously never met each other. This may have been a good plan, or it may have been an incredibly stupid mistake. Any opinions on this?

12 Comments:

Blogger Shaak Ti said...

I like you Jar, youre funny. And yes, the twins are funny. Have you talked to this person to tell them of your dilemma?

-Ti

July 04, 2005 12:33 AM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

I should do that...

July 04, 2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

It's funny. I just realized that I spoke to both of you (Jar Jars) by email before you started or just as you started blogging.

The other person had suggested that the Jar Jar Binks character do a guest post on my blog. I recommended he do his own Jar Jar blog.

Both of your blogs turned out well. If I were you, I would definately continue to act as complements to each other rather than competing.

July 04, 2005 1:01 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Also, in order to avoid this issue in the future I think we should all agree not to start a blog based on a character someone else in our group has already created a blog around.

Of course, I think "guest posting" should be exempt from this rule.

July 04, 2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

That's a fair point.

However, what about transferring old, long-since-updated blogs (e.g. Grevious's - I know the guy who runs this, he seems to have lost interest)? If anyone's interested in running Grevious, I'll talk to him for you.

July 04, 2005 1:32 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

Wait...I just talked to him...seems I reminded him. He's going to start again tommorrow.

July 04, 2005 1:37 AM  
Blogger Han Solo said...

There are also two Chewbacca blogs, and two Luke blogs (in addition to Luke-esque Fluke, so call it 2.5 total).

Personally, I don't see any conflict. There are various versions of the movies, and we don't say that they are in conflict. I look at the blogs the same way.

July 04, 2005 1:52 AM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

Where is Fluke, anyway? Wasn't he on the invite list?

July 04, 2005 2:24 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

No, he wasn't on the list.
'tis a shame - he's a good writer.
Although somewhat random... ;)

July 04, 2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Shaak Ti said...

???? i thought i invited him! Back to work for me! ugghhhh...

-Ti

July 04, 2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

The two other Lukes don't post often, or maybe I haven't been on their blogs in a while (whoops)
I dunno if Imissbiggs will still be on, he hasn't after 5/19.

July 07, 2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

Also, I think the other Jar-Jar's stopped posting. I haven't seen a post from him since June somethingniss.

July 08, 2005 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home