Sunday, July 03, 2005

I <3 Brownies.

This is a great idea. We can collaborate on situations and then each of us can RP in them. Kudos to you, Shaak-Ti, you beautiful red-head, you.
What made you decide to start a blog like this? Who doesn't want to be a Padawan after reading Master Yoda's blog? When I am on break from work, checking my ring o' blogs, I usually have someone over my shoulder, giggling. Epi 3 has brought me back to the Star Wars universe. Now, at work, all we talk is Star Wars. Obsess much? Not too much. Uh, much too much.
Why did you choose your particular character? Qui-Gon is a wonderful, mysterious character. I was a Qui-Gon groupie back in the day, you know, 1999. The clincher on his Blog, however, was "Master Yoda, I have always wondered-was the late, great, Qui-Gon Jinn a pothead? -Guinistasia B." And there you go.
If you post often, where do get ideas? As I do not inhale, nor have I before, I have actually been doing searches on some pretty entertaining sites about the lifestyles of the baked and wasted. Photoshop is new to me, as I was a master of Paintbrush back on my Windows compy (Mac-User here). At the moment, I am happy if anything looks remotely decent.
By the way, if anyone is interested in a great read in philosophy + Jedi + Buddhism = Hooray, pick up a copy of the Dharma of Star Wars by Matthew Bortolin. I've been studying Buddhism for years, but this one is written by a Star Wars geek for Star Wars geeks like me. Includes a Padawan Handbook, so I really can get away with having the braid!
Cheers, mates, I'm having a blast! Great to play with such a talented and funny bunch!
Rebecca

13 Comments:

Blogger Count Dooku said...

Speaking of Guinstatsia's comment, she was planning to start QGJ blog at one point, in much the same style as you have. Didn't have the time though.

July 03, 2005 9:23 PM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

o.o
I owe her an apology.

July 03, 2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

Not at all.
She decided she wouldn't have time to keep one going before yours was created.

July 03, 2005 10:46 PM  
Blogger Shaak Ti said...

Um, Im not exactly a red head. When they say red head, they mean hair color. I don't even have hair. I have blue and white lekku. But I guess it is okay to call me red-head because my actual head is red. I also have white markings all over my body.

July 04, 2005 12:17 AM  
Blogger Shaak Ti said...

Go to my blog to see me in a thong!

-Shaak

July 04, 2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Rebecca,

I had a similar thought on the collaboration, only mine went like this:

We would all hash out some long story that would start on one of our blogs, then each blog would add a piece of the story in a certain pre-determined order.

At the end of each post, there would be a link which says, "Story continued on [so-and-so's] blog." Each blogger would publish this post on the same day, preferably around the same time.

If we do this, I would like to involve as many Star Wars bloggers as possible. There's currently around nineteen of us, I think.

We could promote this a couple of weeks in advance on forums and other places, making it a blog event. That could possibly drive a significant amount of traffic to our blogs. If we could get all nineteen or so involved, I think it would be unprecedented in blog history.

What do you guys think?

July 04, 2005 1:20 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

That. would. be. awesome.

What sort of story did you have in mind?

July 04, 2005 1:28 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

I haven't really gotten that far. I figured we could all, (or a committee of us) could come up with one together.

I also think we should go over the details of the story in email. I know that's not as convenient, but at least we wouldn't be "spilling the beans" to the general public before we actually launch the story.

July 04, 2005 2:13 AM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Do we want to reinact a big plot in Star Wars history? It would be cool to keep going with episode 3, but I really love having some of classic characters in with the prequel guys. I'd miss Han and Fluke!
As of now, it seems like we are between episode 2 and 3, since Dooku lopped of Ani's hand (Huzzah Dooks!).
We are really open on what to do, but I would love to ensure that all our email-less compatriots are in on the plotting.
Rebecca

July 04, 2005 2:43 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

Would anyone object if I set up a password-protected forum for this 'plotting'? Not to draw away from this blog, but it's somewhat more organised, private, and accessible to those without email.

July 04, 2005 3:47 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

I'm open about it, but I think we should come up with an original story.

As far as the time period, we could start during the Clone Wars (between episodes II and III) era that most of our blogs are in and then using one of the characters that survive until the era beginning with episode IV, such as Chewie, transition the story to that time period. (For example, Han Solo takes up the story, relating something that Chewie has told him.)

I know the email address of one of the Chewbaccas. I think it wouldn't be too hard to find out others.

July 04, 2005 3:54 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

I think the forum is a good idea.

July 04, 2005 3:55 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

I think a huge cross-over story would be great. As for the time the story would take place, If it's a somewhat humerous plot (like they tend to be), It really shouldn't matter when it takes place. In this world, everyone seems to be alive and kicking...or in the ether and kicking.

July 05, 2005 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home