Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The man behind the Juice

Hello.
My name is Eric and I reside in the northwest. Portland OR. to be exact. ( I kinda feel like I'm in Bloggers Anonymous standing up and doing this...)

What made you decide to start a blog like this?
Like most of you out there, it was coming across Master Yoda's blog. I was bored at work one day and a co-worker tipped me off to this wonderful site. I can't tell you how hard I laughed at the stuff I read. ( I even wrote in a question and had it answered long before I decided to create my own blog.) Then a whole slew of people started to come up with blogs of their own using the character templates that Bill put forth in his blog. I thought to myself hey, this looks like fun! So I thought I'd jump in with the rest of them. Thus Jawajuice was born.

Why did you choose your particular character?
Most of the main characters were already taken by the time I decided to throw my hat in. But actually that was okay. I kind of wanted a character that didn't have too many preconeived restrictions on him. I wanted a character that would fit in the star wars world nicely but had plenty of room for me to flesh out. As a result, I'm still discovering what "J.J." is all about.

If you post often, where do you get your ideas?
Either from odd pictures on Goggle searches or taking an idea thread that someone else just posted and running with it. There is so much creativity brewing within this little community.

Where do you get the pictures for your blog?
Most of the time I go Goggle Image searching, get a few that look like they could go together, then use Photoshop or Painter to manipulate them.

What do you do when you're not hooked on the Blog?
Still on the computer. I'm a freelance graphic artist. Usually doing fantasy artwork for catalogs, calendars, or what ever else that will pay me money. At the moment, I'm getting together a new batch of work to see if Wizards of the Coast( those people that make magic cards) would be interested in some of my stuff. If I'm not doing that, then I'm writing. I've been writing a fantasy novel series for the past five years, but at 800 manuscript pages for the first book, my literary agent tells me it's just too long for a first time writer. So it's off to edit land again.

I suppose I'll keep doing the blog as long as I have ideas and it remains fun to do.

What is your favorite color?
Blue. ...No, red.... AAAAAaaaiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

Welcome Eric!

July 05, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Here you can have all the brownies and watered-down orange-ade you want.
I <3 my JJ. I'm so glad we shacked up. Uh, what I mean is...
-Rebecca

July 05, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

[offical sounding voice]Welcome aboard![/official sounding voice]

Can I possibly entice you onto the SWU forums?
Details are a few posts down.

July 05, 2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What, african or european?

Aiiiiiiii...

July 05, 2005 5:23 PM  
Blogger Han Solo said...

+1 for MP reference.

July 05, 2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

How do you know so much about swallows?

Well, as the Emperor, you have to know these things...

;)

July 05, 2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

*Psst* You have to be careful about those swallows. They're going for world domination...

July 05, 2005 10:39 PM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

+1 to Intelligence or to Wisdom?
My brain hurts!
Hey, if you haven't checked this out, yet, shame, shame!
It's VGCats #150 of which mocks Episode 3 so lovingly. Uh, Chris, you might not want to read it. Also, they use words little Padawans shouldn't say...
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150
Hax!
Rebecca

July 05, 2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger Han Solo said...

Hax! Haha.

Reminds me of the Episode 3 trailer captioned in l33t

We've all seen that, right? And the Star Wars Episode III: A Lost Hope trailer? Well then, I'm out of links.

July 06, 2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Rebecca: love the comic! great site! Too funny (too true...)

Same with the trailers...

July 06, 2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

"Stop tking you n00b!!!"

"Why am I the only black Jedi on the Jedi Council?"

hehehehehe!
:D

July 06, 2005 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home