Monday, July 04, 2005

Master Yoda

I guess it would be nice if I answered my own questions!

31/M/Florida, USA

What made you start a blog like this?
It was my wife's idea. We both are fans of the Incredible Hulk's Blog. (If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's really funny.) One day after reading it, she said that I should do something like that, but with Yoda. It sounded like a funny idea to me, so I gave it a shot.
DarthSide pre-dated my blog, but I wasn't aware of its existence until sometime after I had begun mine.

Why did you choose your particular character?
See above.

If you post often, where do you get ideas?
I post everyday in order to maintain my traffic. To be honest, I would like to use the popularity of my blog to do other things, so traffic is important to me for now.
I think you have to really define your characters, including your "supporting cast" very well. Give them detailed personalities. That way, when you're trying to think of what to write, you can just close your eyes and imagine your characters interacting with each other. Then a story will come to mind.
I also check my email address (askyoda@gmail.com) to see if anyone has emailed me some picture they've manipulated. That makes it really easy. I can always come up with some story around it.
I've begun checking the news before I do each post as well, since I would like to start including current events more in my posts. Unfortunately, most news lately doesn't really lend itself to humor.
Still, it's not always easy! Several times, I've been up at 2am in a Migraine-induced fog (the only time I get to write most days is late at night), trying to think of something. I think that explains all the fart jokes.

Where do you find pictures for use on your blog?
Sometimes someone will email me a picture. Otherwise, I just do a Google or Yahoo search, then Photoshop it.

Shaak Ti - what about a directory of all of the members' blogs in the sidebar? Maybe include both the character blogs and our other blogs? Just a thought.

I realize I've made a lot of suggestions since coming here. If I'm coming off as bossy, just let me know!

10 Comments:

Blogger Count Dooku said...

No, no, not bossy at all.

You've been blogging the longest of all of us, and have the bigget fan base. So, we can all learn something from you.

July 04, 2005 2:38 AM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

You are the man, man!
You have a wonderful sense of humour and your portrail of Master Yoda really makes the old fart even more loveable than the green muppet we grew up with.
I was stoked at work today, albeit a bit embarrassed. I told my co-worker "Yoda talked to me today!" But then I had to show him the farty post.
Mucho kudos on your legacy master Yoda, we are your faithful Padawans. And as we have our funny adventures, there are people who share them with us everyday!
Rebecca, who is geeking at the fact that Master Yoda knows her name ^.^

July 04, 2005 2:53 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Thanks to the two of you. That is too nice.

July 04, 2005 3:07 AM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

Rebecca, I went through the same thing when I saw the Count Dooku spider post! That made my day!

July 04, 2005 3:45 AM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

*sigh*
And all I have is a picture of Yoda strangling me.

July 04, 2005 4:27 AM  
Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

Bill,

Clearly you have the most experience, and way more talent at writing than I do, so I am happy to have you bring some direction.

BTW, what part of FL do you live in? I am in the Metro Orlando area.

July 04, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Wow, what a cool idea.
(I'm gone a few days and everyone gets delusions of grandure...sorry Han)

Would like to come aboard, if you'll have me.
Ericandelsa@spiretech.com

July 04, 2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Chris/Palps,
No way! I live in Orlando, Rosemont specifically.

JawaJuice,
Welcome!

July 04, 2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger Shaak Ti said...

Hey! We dont have to have the bloggers sidebar stuff because the contributors are already listed. You can just click the contributors name and go to their blog!

-Ti

July 04, 2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

Shaak, he may be talking about trying to get on the Blogger Homepage sidebar - that would draw in a HUGE amount of traffic.

But I could be wrong.

July 05, 2005 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home