Thursday, July 14, 2005

Meet Anakin

Diena
21/f/Boston
Forensic science student

What made you decide to start a blog like this?
I'd been reading Yoda's blog for a while, then started reading the other blogs that were popping up. For some reason, I couldn't help chiming in on the comments every so often, and when it was suggested I get one myself, well, let's say I'm suceptible to peer pressure.

Why did you choose your particular character?
The thought of wannabegangsta!Anakin amused me thoroughly, and that's... well... that's pretty much the reason. I'm easily amused.

If you post often, where do get ideas?
I've only been posting for a few days, but so far, most of the ideas have come from what's going on with the other blogs. Some of it comes from discussions my friends and I have had, and the rest is just my own twisted imagining.

Speaking of what goes on "behind the scenes," why not post tips and tricks we've learned from blogging?
Mostly I think posting slightly regularly is important, especially if you know there are readers. Not so much on personal blogs, maybe, but with things like this. Also, making sure one's formatting is readable is a big thing.

Where do you find pictures for use on your blog?
Pretty much everything comes from random image searches I've done, or screencaps/scans I've done myself and doctored or enhanced in Photoshop, depending on the subject matter.

Comments?
I just want to say thanks for letting me play - I loved reading along, and I love being part of it even more. :)

I'm a writer and actress by nature and training (yes, I know, forensics and performing arts are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but I decided that I would ignore school in favor of theater for several years), so this sort of thing is incredibly fun for me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

Welcome Diena,

Have you ever been published?

July 15, 2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

No, I haven't been, sadly. I haven't been paying as much attention to my original stuff lately.

July 15, 2005 12:50 AM  
Blogger Threepio said...

w00t!
Groovy to meet you, man. Though, yeah, you're not a man. It's cool to have females playing convincing males.
Ani is a riot, as I went to school with mad homies jus' like dat!
So, yeah, welcome!
Rebecca, the Brownie Baroness

July 15, 2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger Threepio said...

OMG!
I forgot that I was tweeking our Goldenrod friend here.
*sigh* This is why smart people go to bed when they are tired.
Becks

July 15, 2005 1:01 AM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

I went to school with a bunch of them, too - and I still do, come to think of it. *sigh* It just sort of rubs off after a while.

July 15, 2005 1:24 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Welcome.
Your posts always have me in rolling on the floor. -Just too funny.
Love the way you got Ani speaking.

July 15, 2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Both of you do a great job of 'playing convincing males'.

July 15, 2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

You do a great job with Anakin. His rescue of the Jawa from Lando was a riot!

July 15, 2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home