Saturday, July 09, 2005

Survivor: Tatooine















Keep in mind, this is only a suggestion.

Okay, here’s the proposal…

(I’m posting here instead of the more secretive site to reach those who have yet to join up. (…Fluke) I know I might be giving a little away to the general public, but maybe think of it as an advertisement of things to come.)

I would like to set up a new, communal blog site, much like this one, where invited guests come as their characters on a Survivor: Tatooine game.

Having a separate blog site for this will allow those people to still continue with their own blogs (such as Bill’s). It also allows those people voted off early to not have to hang around until it’s done.

This is as far as I’ve thought out the game…

Since J.J. calls this place his home, it was suggested to me that he should host it.

Get an even number of people to sign in to the Survivor Blog then J.J. will start the festivities. If we have enough people, we’ll start off with two teams starting in slightly different parts of Tatooine. Everyone then can post on the blog telling of how their character is interacting with each other, building off ideas started by one another which this group does very well!

Once a week I’ll post a challenge for everyone to respond to as they will.
Determining who wins the challenges had me stumped for a while but I think I have an idea. If you guys trust me, I can randomly generate a team (or later individual winner) and announce it a few days later. I promise there will be no favoritism!

When it gets to the individual challenges, after randomly determining the winner, I could even email that winner before hand so that when they write in their challenge blog, their character is shown to win. I’m still up for suggestions on this, but this does seem the most straight forward.

Tribal Counsel is once a week. The loosing tribe needs to vote off someone. I thought about having a vote counter like the ones shown on these blogs but the problem with that is that people can see how the vote is going and may vote accordingly. To truly be secret I thought of having the contestants email me their vote whereby I will then post the results in true dramatic fashion sometime that weekend.

This is not a blog where you would have to write in everyday. Far from it. I was thinking that the contestants should at least write one entry a week (more if desired-and encouraged) describing their wellbeing and challenges. They would also be required to cast a vote after tribal counsel. Anyone voted out can also post a farewell message afterwards, but should refrain from anymore posts on this site until the game is over (unless they are on the jury, in which case they will have a final say at the end).

I will be posting Tuesday mornings (U.S. Pacific time) with challenges, Friday mornings with a tribal council (where I will reveal who won or lost the challenges and thus, start the vote) and sometime during the weekend to announce the vote once everyone has cast them. Any one deciding to do this should be committed to it for the some-odd weeks it takes to go through it.

I have plenty of ideas for challenges, situations, and rewards. (Thanks also to some of you out there with some great suggestions too.)

The winning character gets a million credits plus bragging rights.

Above all, HAVE FUN! This is a chance to play these characters together in a crazy-fun situation. Everyone here is extremely talented. I really think this would be a cool thing to do, but it is, after all, only a suggestion. If most of you are not into the idea, that’s okay too. Really.

Feel free to add your concerns, comments or ideas. I kinda think this might work but I’m also open to other possibilities.

So what do you say, out there? Who wants to play?

Eric

25 Comments:

Blogger JawaJuice said...

Quick note:
Randomly determining the winner(s)of a challenge only determins what team or individual has immunity from the vote. It still is up to all of you out there to vote off someone. So you still have a major say as to who stays or leaves.
E.

July 09, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

http://christianagha.blogspot.com/

July 09, 2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

You must have a viable star wars character to play this time around.
If it works, I may open it up to more people.

July 09, 2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger General Grievous said...

well of course i want to play if not be co-host :P

July 09, 2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

grievous is in! After we get enough people, I'll set up the site.

July 09, 2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

Palpatine is in...

He needs some time away from Baby Maul anyway.

July 09, 2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

Jar Jar Binks okeyday.

I'm in!

July 09, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Obi Wan Kenobi said...

I'm game

July 09, 2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger Aayla Secura said...

Sign Aayla up!

July 09, 2005 7:08 PM  
Blogger Padmé said...

Me too!

July 09, 2005 8:07 PM  
Blogger Count Dooku said...

As is Dooku.
:D

July 09, 2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Han Solo said...

Han is always up for a challenge. ;-)

July 09, 2005 9:03 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Color me Survivored!

I'm glad you thought of the separate blog idea, Eric. I've been wanting to jump in on these shared storylines.

-Bill

July 09, 2005 9:04 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 09, 2005 9:30 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

I'd like to join, if that's possible.

Also, someone made an Anakin blog!

July 09, 2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Leia,

I just sent you an invitation.

July 09, 2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

looks good.
We got ten people so far. I'm going to wait a couple days more for any late straglers then we'll start it up.
I take it, everyone is cool with the rules posted above?

E

July 10, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

I'm going to be setting up the site today, so those confirmed should be getting invites.
Please refrain from posting on it yet until we got everyone that wants to play and we start it up.
Thanks.
E

July 10, 2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

I'm all up in this, yo. Thanks for the invite!

July 10, 2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Anakin, I'll need your email address to add you on.
Glad to have you aboard!

E

July 10, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Anakin,

Welcome!

I read your blog. Dang it! You write Anakin better than I do!

Grrrrr

July 10, 2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

jupiter2@gmail.com - and thanks! :)

July 10, 2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger jedisiri said...

hey can i come too?

July 11, 2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger flu said...

*sigh*

July 11, 2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

Sorry, Fluke.

July 11, 2005 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home