Friday, August 12, 2005

Come to the party!

I just put a quick post up on Just Padme's blog inviting you all to my party. Please feel free to run with this idea and think up some fun stuff for your own blogs...

Also, I can't stop thinking about this DNA thing Owen keeps talking about. I think this is a good opportunity for some of us to work together, link to each others’ blogs in our posts and maybe get some good traffic running through our blogs… One idea I’m thinking of is doing a series of posts where Padme auctions her DNA on ebay. I’m going to hold off on this until I get to the point in my “timeline” that Padme meets Owen. But that’s not too far off, so I want to start thinking about it and getting some feedback. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! You can email me at blog@phatmommy.com.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aayla Secura said...

Spiffy...I'm in!

August 12, 2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger owenlars said...

All you had to do was ask, Just...I was going to have this happen soon, but I guess there's no hurry. My Owen thing's indefinite, unlike Noah's Ark, which is very time-table friendly. I was thinking that when you visited me with Anakin on Tatooine, you left a hairbrush behind, filled with hair samples. I wouldn't know this, of course, and would opt to have your head severed off, instead. All for nay: it's the Owen way. Give me some ideas and we'll see if we can make it gel for all of our posts.

August 13, 2005 12:38 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

My idea was this: because of all the assassination attempts, Padme decides to have some DNA "frozen" (can that happen - I have no clue about the scientific process of cloning!) just in case she gets killed. She tells only one person about this (who? I'm not sure yet, but possibly Typho). The person who knows about the DNA decides to sell it on ebay; Owen finds out and there is a huge bidding war. Maybe Owen loses the auction, then sets out to hunt down the keeper of the DNA? Just some thoughts spewing out...

I like the hairbrush idea, but not sure about severing Padme's head!? It might be cool if you found the hairbrush (maybe Beru hid it??) and then you could clone Padme and sell the clones? The challenge here is making our posts gel when I am technically dead in your timeline. HOWEVER - I am planning something for my blog to show that Padme didn't really die in childbirth... but that's quite a ways off in the future.

August 13, 2005 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home