Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I am Padme, Hear Me Roar!

Hello! Allow me to introduce myself. I am the "other" Padme.

Shannon
36 / F / New Jersey, USA
Homeschooling Mom of two adorable younglings

What made you decide to start a blog like this?
The seed was planted after reading "The Darth Side." I originally called my blog Padme's Diary, but in my research I came across this group and saw that blog already existed. So I changed the name to Just Padme.

Why did you choose your particular character?
Obviously I like the character, but I see so much more in her than is shown in the movies. And it really pissed me off to see how she was portrayed in Ep III. So I have some ideas in mind to "explain" a few things! My original plan was to follow the story line of Ep II and the Clone Wars, then start the Ep III story line in November to coincide with the release of the DVD. Now that I've found this group, I'll do my best to play along with your story lines, too.

If you post often, where do get ideas?
From the movies. From your blogs. From everyday life. There's A LOT of me in Padme.

Personal goals?
Before becoming a mom, I was a professional writer/reporter. But I've never done fiction or humor before, so this is a challenge! I would like to one day write for profit again, so my goals are to keep my writing skills sharp and to get as many visititors as possible to both my blogs. My personal blog is here. Unlike Bill/Yoda, I DO have delusions of grandeur and fully expect that George Lucas might ask me to pen an EU novel in the future. ;-)

14 Comments:

Blogger flu said...

if you're gonna be delusional, may as well be grand.

August 09, 2005 10:49 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Welcome!

It's cool to have people who have written professionally and are moving in that direction in our little group.

August 09, 2005 11:03 PM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

Hooray for delusions! ;) Welcome! :D

August 09, 2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Welcome, Padme #2!

"Obviously I like the character, but I see so much more in her than is shown in the movies. And it really pissed me off to see how she was portrayed in Ep III."

Yeah, I hated what they did with her in Episode III. And I hated the fact that they skirted the spousal abuse issue by making her death her fault after her husband choked her. Garbage!

Even a straight-up suicide would've been better than that.

August 09, 2005 11:40 PM  
Blogger jedisiri said...

welcome!another girl friend!

August 10, 2005 1:15 AM  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

Huh. You think *Padme* got it bad. Jar Jar had *one line*.

Anyway, welcome to the gang. Delusions are the spice of life. No, wait. Sarcasm is the spice of life. But delusions are important too.

August 10, 2005 1:54 AM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Welcome Shannme!
Padme was supposed to have a grander part in Epi 3, but I guess Lucas though that her parts are always the first to go. She was going to start the rebellion after the birth of the twins and would have died in an important battle. But positive female rolemodels? We don't need them! Let's make chicks look weak and almost as whiny as a certain Sith apprentice. NOOOOO!
Quibecca

August 10, 2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Wow Quibecca, is that true?

That would've been such a great ending for that character.

August 10, 2005 8:34 AM  
Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

Welcome Shannon! Wow, a professional writer, that's a great addition to the little team we have here. Hope you have fun with your character, after all that's the point.

As a big fan of the 'expanded universe' of books, games, and comics, blogging is a great creative outlet for people like myself.

If you do get a prefessional writing gig for Lucas, be sure and remember us. ;-)

August 10, 2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger owenlars said...

How do I become a contributor on this site like our dear Padme, here?

August 10, 2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger Aayla Secura said...

Welcome to the crew, Shannon!

August 10, 2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger Leia said...

Welcome! It's going to be awesome reading your posts. Keep up the delusionalising!

August 10, 2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Oola said...

Welcome padme! *yay!! Im not the newbie sw:u anymore!!!Yay for Delusions!!

August 10, 2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger General Grievous said...

Welcome!

August 10, 2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home