Sunday, October 30, 2005

Image Gallery Update: Drive traffic to your blog with images

Hi,

I’ve moved the image gallery started by General Grievous to a new domain. It’s still under construction, but you can preview it here:

http://starwarsimagegallery.com/gallery/main.php

I’ve added images from the following blogs in order to get started and test the software:

  • Dooku

  • Grievous

  • Padmé

  • Palpatine

  • Qui-Gon

  • Typho

  • Yoda

Some concerns:

  • If the owners of the blogs above would like me to remove their images, no problem. Just contact me.

  • If you are not the creator of any of the images I’ve posted, let me know so I can remove them. We don’t want to take credit for other people’s work here.

  • If you have other images that I’ve missed that you’d like posted, please contact me.

Can the following people contact me and let me know if you have images of Star Wars characters (that you’ve created) that you would like me to add to the new site?

  • Aayla Secura

  • Anakin Skywalker

  • Cardboard Knight

  • Fluke Starbucker

  • Jar Jar Binks (both of you)

  • Jawa Juice

  • Jedi Siri

  • Jon, Intergalactic Gladiator

  • Leia

  • Mace Windu

  • Mon Mothma

  • Noel of Neptonian

  • Obi-Wan (both of you)

  • Oola

  • Padmé (the first one)

  • Sabé

  • Shaak Ti

  • Tahl

  • Yaddle

Advantages:

If you are trying to decide whether or not you’d like to add your images to this project, there’s a good chance that this can help drive traffic to your blog. By using StatCounter, I’ve found that traffic is being driven to blogs in the group by people searching MSN, Yahoo and Google for various Star Wars images.

So it can’t hurt to consolidate the images in one place and place links to our blogs.

Thanks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Basically, all of my images are on my Flickr site.

Click here for the site. Pull off anything that you want from it.

October 30, 2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Thanks, Jon!

October 30, 2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Jon, did you create the image of the rancor with the tophat?

October 31, 2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yes I did. A beauty, eh? With MS Paint nonetheless. Imagine how dangerous I'd be with Photoshopping skills.

November 01, 2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Scary. :)

November 01, 2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

I've got three or so from one of my entries. I'll get back to you with the URLs (since I'm lazy and late for class atm) - they're hosted on my own server space, so it's not an issue having them hotlinked from anywhere.

November 01, 2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I have some added from my post today. Only one had some editing, so I guess that's the only one you should include really.

November 02, 2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home