Sunday, October 30, 2005

Round Four

Jawajuice's "The Penthouse that Brownies Built" wins the third Post of the Week competition.
Eligible for the next round are posts written between October 24 and October 31 (Monday instead of Sunday since the Halloween posts could and Typho made some suggestions about the voting system in the chat box over there -->
which I missed completely and have only just seen (sorry). Anyway, here's how it's supposed to work -

In the first half of the week, I take nominations in. For the second half, I take votes in. What defines "the first half of the week" may vary with dolphin migration patterns, but usually ends on Wednesday or Thursday. Also, if I'm not getting many nominations, I'll keep it open longer. If I still don't have many by Thursday, I'll throw one in myself.

Try not to vote before Thursday unless you're certain about the post you want to vote for, because someone else might nominate another one that you like better. Of course, that won't always be possible. So, yes, you can change your vote. Just don't e-mail me again and again if you're vascillating.

I would like to keep nominations and voting open for longer, but if the process took more than a week, the next round would have started before the previous one had finished, and things would get really confusing.

If anyone has any other questions, please ask. I need all the help I can in get making this work well.

4 Comments:

Blogger JawaJuice said...

Wow...eh...I actually won? There we're so many other better posts out there.
But thank you anyway.
I just wish I could actually live there...

October 30, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Congratulations, JJ!

October 30, 2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Jar Jar, to make it easier for everyone to see all of the posts in a given week, I've posted a list in a separate message.

It's looong! I had no idea we as a group generate so many posts over the course of a week. Most days seem pretty slow.

Anyway, this ought to help with the nominations and voting.

October 30, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Good job, Eric!

October 30, 2005 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home