Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Greetings

Lt. Commander Oneida

Real life:Name: Claire
Age: 26
Location: Colorado, but not Boulder
Occupation: Graduate Student

Why're you doing this?
School? You have no idea how many times I've asked myself that. Mainly to become more specialized in my field. But after this will most likely be med school.
Blog? I have more free time than I care to admit due to my thesis advisor developing a bacterial brain infection early this semester (I am completely serious, I kid you not). I also have never had a blog before, so I figured it'd be fun.

What made you decide to start a blog like this?
I found the Captain Typho Blog while trying to find Typho's first name. I ended up getting in touch with CTB creator, Michele, and just asked for feed back on the name. And I really liked all the stories and posting people had. And I had a character who really needed to have a silly side. And yes, I have named Typho in my character's RPG world, but I'm waiting to see what CTB decides.

Why did you choose your particular character?
My character is actually from an RPG that I'm part of, that takes place after Order 66 and the fall of the Republic. She's a pretty well established character with a somewhat developed background. I figured it would be fun to let her have a lighter, sillier side.

If you post often, where do you get ideas?
Well, I'm pretty new, so I've had ideas that have had no medium or outlet, so they are coming out now. I also try things that others have done. I obviously also hang out with some serious Star Wars fans, so I get ideas from them, from joking around, and the RPG.

Tips and tricks I know from blogging?
I'm a HUGE fan of spell check, I'm a poor speller. I also suggest re-reading posts several times and correcting any errors. Sometimes I only spot them after I've posted them. I tend to read what I think I've written. I'm sure this post will have at least one goof.

Pics?
I like pictures, but have yet to master Adobe photoshop, I haven't even really gotten the basics down. But I'm working on it, and I picked a person (who has been photographed a lot) who looks are how I saw my character mentally, so I decided to stay with that look for this blog.

Are there other blogs that you like to see written?
As of right now, it seems to me that the Star Wars world is fairly well represented, in my very not profound or binding opinion. I'm always a fan of minor characters getting a blog and a voice. I don't know, maybe a blog of Anakin's over-worked speeder mechanic?

13 Comments:

Blogger Noel of Neptonian said...

Hello and Welcome

December 14, 2005 2:55 AM  
Blogger Tahl said...

Salutations.

December 14, 2005 5:09 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Greetings.

December 14, 2005 6:20 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Welcome!

December 14, 2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

Salut!

December 14, 2005 8:29 AM  
Blogger flu said...

Howdy.

December 14, 2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Welcome!

I've chosen a name for Typho, by the way. ;)

December 14, 2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

So, Captain, are you going to let us know what it is?
And thank you all for the welcomes :) It's nice to be here.

December 14, 2005 11:34 AM  
Blogger Dormé said...

Welcome!

December 14, 2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger Obi-Wan Kenobi said...

Welcomenn!

December 15, 2005 2:33 PM  
Blogger Jedi Katt said...

Oh welcome, Oneida!!!

December 16, 2005 9:16 AM  
Blogger Shaak Ti said...

Hello blogger number forty!!!!

-Ti

December 16, 2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Nice to make your Aquantance,( I know I cant spell )

See ya around Cyberspace.

December 19, 2005 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home