Monday, January 30, 2006

Long live the Queen




Maybe I did the post about the queen a bit prematurely, but I wanted to get that character up and running.

I'm not a huge fan of how the queen looks, I like the model used, but I obviously just drew over her eyes to try to make them somewhat alien. I also like the idea that she has taken on this form in order to communicate with humanoids but her eyes obviously tip off that she is different.

Therefore, as a competition, I hereby decree that if someone with superior eye manipulating skills can make Queen Galacta IX look better, I will use that one from henceforth and so on. I will even retcon my previous entries with her in it.


Included in this post are the three pictures of her that I have used in the past. The one at the top is her current avatar. If you can guess how I did that, you get a No-prize as well.

It'll be cool, just like when they said that Klingons always had ridges on their forehead.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

yay! for symmetry. Her hair gives it away, you just took the side with no hand, copied and inverted & flipped it, so we're actually looking at someone with two left sides, I believe.

January 30, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Eyes.... Eyes.....Who's paying attention ta the eyes.

January 30, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oneida, you are wise beyond your ears. It is a flipped, copied image, though I think I originally flipped it when I created it, so it's extra double flipped now!

January 30, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

well, my ears are very wise, but to know now that there is wisdom beyond them makes me happy :)

January 30, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger flu said...

smoke and mirrors

I like the eyes. Gives me a running gag to exploit.

January 30, 2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger NandeHi said...

I am not much of a fan of this queens past, let alone her eyes. Just glad it was'nt the soon to be mrs. brad pitt, ick. :) wink - wink

January 30, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Dang it! Claire beat me to it.

January 30, 2006 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home