Friday, January 27, 2006

The Wedge-miester, Wedgy-boy, Wedge-a-rama...

Who/How Old/Where/What
Don
54 1/2
San Diego, California
(Moved here from the Chicago area four months ago, originally from LA!)
Quality Assurance stuff for a medical device company.

What made you start a blog like this?
Like AOC, I found Mister Yoda's blog and found it funny, charming and somewhat insightful. I was (and still am) reading it almost everyday.

When I was commenting all the time I felt I was missing out on the fun of having a character.

Why did you choose your particular character?
I relate to Wedge in many ways, being one of those who contributes, is successful, and yet gets very little glory. Still we do our job because we are in it for the love of what we do, not what we might become (too deep?).

If you post often, where do you get ideas?
Yeah, that's the real trick, isn't it?

Like most of you, I am sure, we make it up as we go along. Ideas are borrowed from fellow bloggers, or pop into my head, or I use everyday experiences and apply them to my character.

I do enjoy making fun of the original star wars characters, such as Like and Han. It is one of those perspective things that you hear about on E!.

When I read all that info about humor, I understood more about why this type of humor would be funny. Having a neurotic Luke Skywalker and an over-bearing egotistical Han, as seen from those around him are amusing. In the same way that Yoda has created interesting personae for his fellow Jedi.

Where do you find pictures for use on your blog?
Google. I also reference the Star Wars web site data base on a regular basis. It is tough keeping track of everything in the SW universe. I do believe in staying true to the original ideas as much as we can.

9 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

I know you've been here a while, but welcome anyway!

January 27, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Welcome to a fellow Californian. moved from Chicago to SD as winter approached. Not a bad idea.

BTW, Die you rebel scum.

January 27, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Good to know a bit more about you.

And Wedge was/is my favorite character from the original trilogy :) I think I liked that he got the job done, and managed to make it through all three movies. As I've gotten older, I've developed slightly more indepth reasons than 'hey, he's still alive! Cool!'

January 27, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Jango Fett said...

Welcome Don!
I agree with oneida wedge is a cool character. :)

January 27, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

I always liked your comments on Yoda's blog, as well as those on Oneida's.

Welcome!

January 27, 2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Welcome oH ex chicagoite, Same here.

Been away 15 yrs. DONT MISS IT.

January 27, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Welcome to the fold, flyboy.

And I don't understand what people would leave Chicago for. Other than the lousy weather, horrible traffic and people with lousy attitudes, it's a great place to live.

January 27, 2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I've been enjoying your writing. Welcome!

January 27, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger flu said...

Howdy, Red 3... or is it 6?...

uh, howdy just the same.

January 30, 2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home